- Our location: all the peace of the countryside with Looe 3 minutes down the road – our stress free ‘out of town’ location at Sandplace is perfect for Looe, Polperro and ideal for touring Cornwall
- Relaxation: enjoy autumn colours and sounds in the peace and quiet of the Looe Valley. Hear the cough’ of a pheasant or the hoot of an owl – but no sea gulls! Watch shadows lengthen across the garden over a candelit dinner against the backdrop of a wooded valley changing colour. See the mist rise from a dew covered lawn as the sun climbs above the Looe Valley countryside.
- Great food: A choice of breakfasts from Eggs Benedict to the Full English or lighter alternatives, while Cornish Produce is King in a varied menu of home made dishes served for evening dinner in The Conservatory or Bar Wed-Sat from 6.30 pm
- Convenience: Easy access from an onsite car park with public transport to Looe, Polperro and beyond on the scenic Looe Valley train or bus.
- Bedroom comfort: The comfort and cleanliness of our 5 well equipped 4 star Gold Award ensuite rooms. Our mattresses get rave reviews and we earn a thumbs up for ‘sleep quality’. Read our Reviews.
- Local Beer and Cider: The refreshing taste of local draft ale and cider served in our cosy bar.
- Our Reputation for hospitality: Share the day’s events with fellow guests. Sink into leather sofas in the guest lounge. Share a yarn in the bar. Above all, enjoy Polraen’s welcoming informal atmosphere among fellow guests and your host proprietors Gill and Martin Bridges.
The crowds have gone. National Trust properties like Lanhydrock and Cotehele remain open throughout October. The cliff top paths and deserted beaches await you – it’s the perfect place to unwind and grab that late autumn break before the nights close in.
You can mix and match B&B combining evening dinner on selected days. Call us on 01503 263956 to book direct as these special prices cannot be booked online. You can however check room availability here: