A perfect wedding reception venue in Cornwall
Polraen Country House can be exclusively yours for the day or longer for a small to medium size wedding reception in the Looe or Liskeard area in Cornwall. An 18th century Cornish country house nestling in the beautiful Looe River Valley in a peaceful convenient location on the estuary between Looe and Liskeard, set in a beautiful country garden surrounded by glorious countryside, with hotel style facilities, award winning hospitality and personal service.
Polraen’s Wedding Reception Facilities
- 5 minutes from Looe, 12 minutes from Liskeard
- ‘Down the hill’ from Duloe & Morval parish churches
- Flexible venue seating up to 40 for formal wedding breakfast
- Up to 80 or more for informal/garden party style receptions
- Fully licensed bar and dining conservatory overlooking garden
- Easy access from onsite parking with space for up to 20 cars
- Perfect backdrop for wedding photos, lawn space for a marquee
- Natural raised ‘stage’ in the garden for outside entertainment/band
- Public transport options for reaching the hotel by bus or on the scenic Looe Valley Line train
- Our menus celebrate Cornish produce and home cooking tailored to taste and occasion
- We cater for formal wedding breakfasts, finger and fork buffets, and barbecues
- Our 5 ensuite bedrooms accommodate up to 14 guests in double/twin and family rooms
- Our facilities are suitable for visitors with restricted mobility – See our Access Statement
As a former coaching inn, the fine stone building clad in wysteria, retains the intimacy and welcoming atmosphere of a private country house with cushioned window seats and period colours reflecting its historic origins. Our hotel style facilities and reputation for hospitality are recognised by the AA Gold
Award for 4 Star Guest Accommodation and a tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence. The personal service you receive from resident proprietors, Gill & Martin Bridges and our staff lends a friendliness and warmth to your celebrations alongside the professional organisation required to ensure your day runs smoothly.
We want you and your guests to relax and enjoy your wedding reception, function or event, while we strive to make your wedding day a very special occasion – personal to you – as formal or informal as you choose. ’A wonderful wedding near Looe is how guests recall a recent wedding we have hosted.
To view some of our previously prepared menus, please use the download button below. We are happy to assist you in tailoring any of our menus to taste and budget.
Wedding Fair : we regret that Amour Exhibitions, who were due to stage a wedding fair at Polraen on October 6th, have had to cancel the event due to a lack of local exhibitors. We apologise for any disappointment.
Related Links for wedding suppliers in our area
Call Gill or Martin to discuss your requirements and view by appointment – 01503 263956