Here’s a few ideas for an autumn shortbreak in Looe. Cornwall takes on a charm of its own in autumn when fishing villages and tourist towns take a snooze in the run up to Christmas. But there’s still lots going on. See below.
Book one of our low season shortbreaks from £75 per person for a 2 night stay including Martin’s magnificent breakfast, ensuite accommodation, convenient free onsite parking and Wifi.
But what makes an autumn short break in Cornwall special? There may be a slower pace, but there’s still lots going on. Here’s a few reasons to book an autumn hotel break to Looe.
Nov 13-19: Looe Literary Festival. World renowned authors, poets and creative thinkers will give talks in our lovely town. Guest speakers include ex British Foreign Secretary Lord David Owen and TV Science and History presenter Adam Hart Davis.
Dec 1-2: Looe Festive Weekend. Santa arrives in Looe with his reindeer; there’s a lantern procession, open air carol concert and a Santa Fun Run.
Dec 9-10: Christmas Fairs at Mt Edgcumbe and The Lost Gardens of Heligan – a perfect opportunity to find unique Christmas gifts from artisan producers of food & drink, arts & crafts with entertainment and Christmas Carolling
New Year: Looe’s fancy dress and fireworks tradition turns the whole town into one brilliant party. We have two rooms left at Polraen for a minimum 3 night stay. Of course, Polraen is the perfect place to relax if you prefer to see in the New Year quietly.
January: The Camelia’s at Mt Edgcumbe are stunning and Cornwall’s mild climate gives us an early Spring when you can visit Cornwall’s beaches and National Trust houses and gardens before the crowds.
Reasons to Choose Polraen Country House
- Our location: all the peace of the countryside with Looe 3 minutes down the road – our stress free ‘out of town’ location at Sandplace is perfect for Looe, Polperro and ideal for touring Cornwall
- Relaxation: enjoy autumn colours and sounds in the peace and quiet of the Looe Valley. Hear the cough’ of a pheasant or the hoot of an owl – but no sea gulls! Watch shadows lengthen across the garden against the backdrop of a wooded valley changing colour. See the mist rise from a dew covered lawn as the sun climbs above the Looe Valley countryside.
- Great food: A choice of breakfasts from Eggs Benedict to the Full English or lighter alternatives. Of an evening, relax in Polraen’s hotel style facilities and take advantage of the the option to picnic in The Conservatory
- Convenience: Easy access from an onsite car park with public transport to Looe, Polperro and beyond on the scenic Looe Valley train or bus.
- Bedroom comfort: The comfort and cleanliness of our 5 well equipped 4 star Gold Award ensuite rooms. Our mattresses get rave reviews and we earn a thumbs up for ‘sleep quality’. Read our Reviews.
- Our Reputation for hospitality: Feel at home in the warmth of award-winning family run hospitality from your hosts Gill and Martin Bridges.
Call us on 01503 263956 to book direct.
These special prices are not available through online travel agents. Short break prices are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Call us to purchase a gift voucher! Or check room availability below: