Great Value B&B in Looe: Christmas events & New Year celebrations
This year, Looe is promising a fantastic time for anyone planning a short break to Cornwall. If you like to balance your fun with rest and recreation of a more relaxing kind, and get a good night’s sleep between the celebrations, then look no further than Polraen Country House for your Winter Bed and Breakfast accommodation. We’re offering simple B&B from £60 per room per night throughout the winter.
Looe Harbour Christmas Weekend Dec 5 – 7
This fun-filled 3 day weekend event of Christmas activities centred around West Looe Quay offers plenty of opportunity to buy local produce and novel Christmas presents and stocking fillers as well as Santa arriving by boat and live reindeer in town. There’ll be plenty of entertainment with choirs and carols, fireworks, a lantern procession and more. Full information.
Coca Cola Truck visits Looe Dec 15
For the first time ever, the Coca Cola Truck will be visiting Looe in Cornwall which is one of only two places in the UK where it will bequeath a lasting gift for the people of the town. Drawing crowds wherever it goes, the truck will be on the Quayside in Looe from midday until 8 pm with a lots of fun filled entertainment – and no doubt, ‘free Coca Cola’!
New Year Celebrations
Fancy dress revelry topped off with a spectacular fire work display at midnight has made the town of Looe a magnet for those seeking a night to remember at New Year. Looe is rated as one of the top places in the UK to celebrate on New Year’s Eve, while hundreds of brave souls, do their bit for the RNLI on New Year’s Day by taking part in a fundraising New Year’s Day Swim from East Looe Beach.
Just a 3 minute drive into Looe and you can join in the pre Christmas festivities or the New Year fancy dress and fireworks. Back at Polraen, you can sleep like a baby surrounded by glorious Cornish countryside, enjoy a sumptuous breakfast and relax in the space and privacy of a country house with the convenience of easy access from onsite parking, free Wifi and bus and Looe Valley train links into town.
I love this time of year. When you live in Cornwall, you just have to scratch the surface to find there are so many things to do – and in Looe, there are so many events and festivities in the build up to Christmas and the New Year.
New Year in Looe
Of course, New Year in Looe has become famous for its fancy dress and fireworks display so if you haven’t made plans for New Year’s Eve and fancy a short break away, come and join us in Cornwall. We’ve got some late availability at Polraen Country House for 2 night minimum short break stays over the New Year in Looe from £90 per person.
December Munchtime Express
We had the pleasure of joining the Munchtime Express on the scenic Looe Valley Line on Tuesday with wonderful food free of charge courtesy of Nick Barclay at Blue Plate Downderry. Over a 5 week period Nov-Dec, 5 of our best local restaurants serve free samples on the train of their wonderful food. This annual event has become so popular you have to book in advance. It’s a lovely scenic return journey on the Looe Valley Line travelling from Looe to Liskeard and back (passing Polraen Country House at Sandplace en route). So you’ve missed it in 2013 but plan it for next year!
So what else in December before the New Year celebrations? Well here’s the latest list of events courtesy of the local Tourist Office. If you want to keep up with the latest information on New Year in Looe and what’s going on, we recommend you like the Love Looe Facebook page
LOOE & AREA DECEMBER 2013 EVENTS GUIDE DECEMBER
- 3rd Munchtime Express Looe Valley Line
- 4th Christmas Carols at Millpool Centre Pelynt Male Voice Choir
- 6th Santa Arrives Memorial Steps, East Looe 6.30pm
- 6th Santa’s Grotto & Festive Events West Looe Quayside Centre 5pm
- 7th Dickensian Day Rose Garden 10am – 4pm
- 7th Polperro Christmas Fayre & Carols with Keltique Big Green 2pm
- 7th Polperro Lights Switch on 6.30pm
- 8th Carols with Porthpyra Singers St Martin’s Church 7pm
- 8th Craft Market Quayside Centre, West Looe 11am-3pm
- 8th Wood Watch Walk Kilminorth Woods
- 14th Produce Market Quayside Centre, West Looe 10am-2pm
- 14th Fireworks Fundraising Coffee Morning Guildhall Tearoom 10am
- 14th Santa Fun Run Starts West Looe Quayside 11am
- 14th Keltique & Rame Choirs Riverside Church 7pm
- 14th & 15th Nativity Display St Martin’s Church
- 15th Christingle St Martin’s Church 4pm
- 15th Christmas Open Day, Monkey Sanctuary 11am – 4.30pm
- 16th Keltique Candlelit Concert St Nicholas Church West Looe 7pm
- 19th Pub Carols with Keltique Around East Looe
- 20th Sheila’s School of Dance Christmas Show Looe Bay Holiday Pk
- 21st Sheila’s School of Dance Christmas Show Looe Bay Holiday Pk
- 21st Produce Market Quayside Centre, West Looe 10am-2pm
- 22nd Craft Market Quayside Centre, West Looe 11am-3pm
- 22nd Polperro Fishermans Choir West Looe Quayside Centre 7pm
- 24th Crib Service St Martin’s Church 4pm
- 24th Christingle Riverside Church 4pm
- 24th Christmas Holy Communion St Martin’s Church 11pm
- 24th Christmas Holy Communion Riverside 11.30pm
- 25th Christmas Holy Communion St Nicholas Church 9.30am
- 25th Churches Together Christmas Lunch Looe Academy
- 31st Looe New Years Eve Fireworks E. Looe Beach 6pm & 12 midnight
- 1st Jan New Years Day Swim East Looe Beach 11am (TBC