What’s On in Looe Winter 2019
- Nov 28 & 29: Meet Santa on the Looe Valley Railway Branch Line (4.40pm). Speak some Cornish & receive a small gift! Return fare £4.50 adult, £2.25 child, under 5’s go free. Booking essential Email: email@example.com
- Dec 6-8: Looe’s festive weekend kicks off on Friday with carols sung by Pelynt Male Voice Choir at St Martin’s Church at 7.30pm. On Saturday, things move up a pace with the arrival of Santa and the Lantern Procession & Lights Switch On. And there’s a craft market and a Santa Fun Run! In the evening, join the Jolly Christmas Party at Looe’s oldest pub, the Jolly Sailor, on Saturday night with live music from Smokey’s King Shufflers. On Sunday, head off to the Christmas Fairs (see below). Return to Looe for more carols on Sunday evening with the Valley Voices at the Riverside Church 7-9pm.
- Dec 6-8: Christmas Fairs at Mt Edgcumbe, The Lost Gardens of Heligan and at Carnglaze Caverns provide a perfect opportunity to find unique Christmas gifts from artisan producers of food & drink, arts & crafts with entertainment.
A Look Ahead to 2020
These events and festivals take place every year but dates for 2020 are being finalised.
|Cornwall Spring Flower Show||The annual Cornwall Garden Society showcase for the best in Cornish horticulture||April|
|West Looe May Fayre||Traditional May Fayre||May|
|Fowey Festival of Arts & Literature||A nine day literary festival based in Daphne du Maurier’s hometown of Fowey.||May|
|Looe Raft Race & Festival of the Sea||Silly antics messing about on the river in a race on anything that floats! And a full day of activities celebrating Looe’s relationship with the sea||June|
|Polperro Festival||Annual festivals of arts and music||June|
|Looe Carnival Week||Festival atmosphere to kick off the school holidays in traditional style||Jul – Aug|
|Boconnoc Steam Fair||Vintage steam machinery at one of the best steam fairs in the south west set in a beautiful country estate at Boconnoc near Lostwithiel.||July|
|British Firework Championships||Two nights of fantastic free fireworks displays by competing professionals – best seen from Plymouth Hoe||Aug|
|Fowey Regatta Week||Red Arrows display, carnival, fireworks!||Aug|
|Great Trethew Rally||Tractors, beer tents, farming folk – and plenty of Bank Holiday family fun||Aug|
|S.E. Cornwall Walking Festival||Varied programme of coastal and valley walks with local guides||Sept|
|Looe Music Festival||Just like Glastonbury without the mud! Looe’s exciting annual music festival.||Sept|
|New Year’s Eve||New Year’s Eve Fireworks and Fancy Dress||31 Dec|
If you’re looking for What’s On in Looe, we’ve listed a few links to websites which provide great information about what’s going on in Looe and South East Cornwall. Remember to come back to our website to make your booking direct!
Live Entertainment Venues in South East Cornwall
- The Eden Project Sessions – a stunning location in front of the Mediterranean and Equatorial biomes
- The Rum Store at Carnglaze Caverns, near St Neots – a slate mine/tourist attraction by day but with an amazing underground concert stage featuring a regular programme of artists.
- Sterts Theatre at Upton Cross on Bodmin Moor – an open air theatre under canvas. Brilliant summer productions under canvas and a programme of events continues in the Studio October to end of Spring.